National Cheng Kung University Hospital of Social Work Department
Current Director: Chen Hsing - Hsing (August 1989 to present)
Our department assists patients and their families to handle social, emotional, family and financial problems that maybe associated with the patient's illness or life situation. There are currently one director, one head of staff, and eight social workers.
Service subject ：
Outpatient s, inpatients and their family members.
Service time ：
Weekday 8am - 12am / 1pm - 5pm
Weekend 8am - 12am
- Case works ：
- Assist patients in adapting to their new condition.
- Economic assistance relating to poverty or financial emergencies.
- Provide counseling for emotional distress.
- Assessment of family issue and counseling for communication improvement.
- Coordination of good relationships between the patients, hospital and staffs.
- Arrangement for needed care after discharge from the hospital.
- Group works:
- Provide group activities and meetings for patients and their families.
- Community works ：
- Provide publicity about our services and activities relating to patients, their families, and community.
- Advice on social welfare:
- If you are not familiar with social security regulation or social resource, you can consult with us by calling / dialing:
telephone (+886 6 235 3535 # 2756)
fax (+886 6 237 9703)
- Fundraising for charity fund:
- Provide financial assistance for low income or patients in need after evaluation by the social worker.
- Support some of our social service activities.
- The Fund is to be used according to subsidy regulations or the donors wishes.
- We need your donation to help the poor or urgent patients.
- Promotion of volunteer work:
- Recruit volunteer workers to support the social work of our hospital.
Our mission is to utilize the limited resources to create the best service and do a bit extra.